Monday, November 14, 2011

donut friday

i love donuts. if i had to choose one food to survive on for the rest of my days, it would be donuts hands down. so a while back i instituted "donut fridays" at work. basically it was a good excuse to have donuts bought for me by my boss and sit a while at my desk savoring each bite and putting off work. because i loved it so much, i've decided its time to make monday a little better too. enter....ginormous cinnamon bun. i mean, HUGE. usually, i'm a healthy eater but honestly, sometimes you need a carb...or 50. this is my effort to make mondays suck a little less. so im sitting at my desk at work, inhaling the most delicious concoction and enjoying a large coffee from my favorite cafe. so far, so good. we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

on to really exciting news....this week is only a 3 day week! on thursday i will be jetting off to sunny florida for a wedding and the timing could not be any better. i need some vitamin D in my life and a few days off of work doesn't hurt either. at about this time next week i will be running around the Wizarding World of Harry Potter with my not-so-young younger sister looking like an idiot and most likely holding a wand of some sort. there is a good possibility i will be the oldest person there without a child in tow. my sister kind of grew up with the Harry Potter phenomena but i have never been interested until we decided to go while down for the wedding. i figured i should probably get up to speed so when she starts rambling on about wizards and owls and such, i at least have a clue as to what she is talking about. why didn't anyone force me to read these books 10 years ago?! i feel like part of my childhood has been stolen from me! i'm fascinated by all this wizardy shenanigans. so like i said, in a matter of days i will be galavanting around this lovely place. if you're there and happen to see a 5'10" girl skipping around....don't mind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment