Saturday, November 26, 2011

small business Saturday

ahh what can i say about black friday? its fun and all and don't get me wrong, i'm all about a great deal but honestly, i think it just sucks the life out of thanksgiving. just this year after dinner, rather than sitting around catching up with my family, my cousins, myself and my sister were in the living room of my aunt's house looking through flyers to see where we were going to go the next day. i went out and all because let's face it : i LOVE to shop. but i went out at noon...not midnight or 1am like some people.

so this year i am trying a new tradition that i hope will stick: "small business saturday". i love this idea. there are so many great little shops around my house and artists and i hope this catches on. i love buying local and this is just another great excuse to do so. this year our city is holding a huge craft fair called "Festival Fete" in our convention center. it's going to be a great assortment of artists and small businesses under one roof and i have recruited a few family members to come along.

i'm hoping one day i will be able to have a booth myself but until then i will support others who have already found their passion.


BUY LOCAL <3

No comments:

Post a Comment