Thursday, April 5, 2012

i really need to get an iphone

it's well known among my family and friends that i am an extremely lazy person. sometimes i get lucky and get these little burst of "i am going to do a million things today" but in general, i'm pretty lackadaisical. it's not that i am lazy in the sense that i lay around all day watching tv and being a bum, i'm just a procrastinator and would rather do things at my own pace. i also can be kind of spacey and sit in a chair outside for 2 hours debating life or read an entire book in one sitting. for instance, today was my day off and last night i was all intense saying to myself "i'm going to wake up at 6:30, go for coffee and crepes, go shoot for a few hours, do some yoga, build my fire pit and clean my room". haha rightttttttttt. like that happened.

i did wake up at 6:30 but quickly returned to a state of lovely coziness and rolled over back to sleep....til 9:30. i then proceeded to eat lots of bacon, stay in my pj's til 11:30 and do random things around the house all day. i need to start saying "i'm going to sit around on my ass all day and watch tv" and hope that   the trend will follow and do the opposite. day off's should now be referred to "opposite day".

why am i saying this?

well i did tell a few friends i'd be putting up some pictures i've been taking lately. they really are lovely but obviously i haven't had time to upload those suckers. sorry. i probably should have been doing that right now rather than rambling on.

so this is the reason my post is titled "i really need to get an iphone". maybe not an iphone, but definitely something that has the capabilities of taking a decent pictures and putting them online. right now i am stuck with my old blackberry that takes worse pictures than a disposable camera. i need something that will help document all the pretty things i see and do throughout the day because carrying around a DSLR is a really pain in the butt. and then no one will ever see them. ugh, technological turmoil.

here are some examples of my terrible blackberry pictures:

i have probably rambled on about these donuts before. but here they are in their spring sprinkle colors. i'm obsessed. allie's donuts in north kingstown, god bless you and your donuts.

presentation is everything:

i made fish tacos the other night for my parents at my house and i decided to make a big plate of all the fixings. it was pretty and also smart because 1) the less dishes the better 2) my table is super small and couldn't hold anymore dishes. 

sometimes my job is fun:

part of my job this week was to put together easter baskets to give away for a raffle prize on Good Friday. this was super fun. mainly because i was paid to meander around Target for an hour. it's still missing a few things but i thought this looked pretty hilarious. leave it to me to take a cute, cuddly duck and turn him into a bad-ass. you're welcome little kids.


that is all for tonight. i promise tomorrow i won't put up my newish pics (thinking opposite here people). in the meantime, i will be bribing my sister to let me take her phone upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment